Sisters of Providence
Job Title: Clerical Associate
Department: Mission Advancement
Reports to: Advancement Services Manager
Salary: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
The Clerical Associate provides support for the Director of Mission Advancement and Advancement Services Manager for advancement operations. This involves data entry, mailings, filing and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Supports the Advancement Services Manager
- Performs general office and clerical functions for Mission Advancement, including welcoming visitors, answering telephone calls, updating events on department Google calendar, sorting/distributing/opening mail and filing.
- Enters new constituent records, marks deceased records upon notification and updates constituent records in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Assists Advancement Services Manager by entering pledges and gifts as directed, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data entered for all constituents.
- Generates pledge/gift acknowledgements, as directed, using the WORD mail merge function. Prepares gift acknowledgements for solicitors’ signatures and mailing.
- Files gift backup materials for auditing purposes.
- Serves as backup for extraction of data from the donor database in support of marketing, communication and fundraising efforts. This includes utilizing queries, exporting reports and creating labels for internal and external uses.
- Assists Advancement Services Manager in gathering information from Mission Advancement staff to assist director in drafting the annual operating budget.
- Assists in the filing of vendors records and paid invoices.
- Serves as backup to support General Administration, Mission Advancement and other SP departments by creating Wufoo forms for website contacts, surveys, event registration and integration with the donor database.
- Serves as backup as department liaison with other SP departments, including CBO, Information Technology and Facilities Management.
- Pulls data for giving performance by appeal and other reports as needed.
- Tasks performed on a regular basis
- Participates in Mission Advancement staff meetings and prepares meeting notes for meetings involving event planning and appeal production.
- Provides support for Director of Mission Advancement, SP Treasurer and general officer liaison with monthly financial reports.
- Provides support for donor relations and donor recognition with periodic giving reports for the Tree of Life, Mother Theodore Guerin Foundation, Foley Park Pavers and other initiatives.
- Reviews the Archdiocesan newspaper obituaries to update constituent records in database.
- Supports Advancement Services Manager, Annual Fund and Donor Relations Manager and Stewardship and Donor Recognition Coordinator, as directed, by ordering and assembling materials for phonathon volunteers, Times to Remember cards and the Remembrance Card Program, updating the Together in Mission Wall, and creating Elevator and Blessed Sacrament Chapel prayer lists.
- Coordinates with Annual Fund and Donor Relations Manager in the planning and execution of special events, including the annual Mother Theodore Guerin Donor Dinner. This involves initiating work orders, taking reservations, coordinating on-campus housing needs, setting up and registering attendees at the events.
- Updates website content on giving and special events pages, as directed.
- Maintains materials/supplies inventory for Mission Advancement and places periodic orders.
- Accurately records hours worked in Paylocity payroll system and presents timely requests for PTO to Advancement Services Manager.
- Participates in the annual performance review process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person in this position should demonstrate
Good project management and organizational skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
Keen knowledge of and ability to use social media sites.
Commitment to mission and awareness of the broad range of Sisters of Providence ministries.
Excellent computer skills including data entry, word processing and spreadsheets.
Understanding of database capabilities and functions and/or familiarity with a gift processing program.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent spelling and proofreading skills.
Understanding of logic, computers and basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to prioritize tasks and assignments.
Willingness and ability to learn new software systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Mailchimp and Wufoo.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school diploma/GED and/or appropriate experience
Experience in a professional, office work environment preferred
Experience in data entry preferred
Experience in customer service environment preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to speak knowledgeably and comfortably with people from all walks of life
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Ability to concentrate in a busy workplace
Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard
Normal range of hearing and vision needed for computer work
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Office of Mission Advancement is typically a busy place, with many deadlines to meet, and it is possible that the office will be noisy at times. Several staff members are provided a private office because of the need to hold confidential meetings and conversations with personnel and constituents. Other staff members are provided individual work cubicles. The cubicles, however, do not allow for total privacy; therefore, consideration of co-workers is necessary and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. The atmosphere in the office is somewhat casual, but employees are expected to maintain a sense of decorum even in this casual setting.
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.