Admin Asst/Spec Projects
Sisters of Providence
Job Title: Admin Asst/Spec Projects
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Director of Facilities Management
The Administrative Assistant/Special Projects of Facilities Management assists the Director and Associate Director in the organization and functions of the Facilities Management Department by providing support services in the areas of data management, project support and other special projects as may be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Coordinate the development and operation of the computerized maintenance management system
- Work with the Managers to develop preventive maintenance protocols and timetables for the computerized maintenance management system
- Send monthly reports to the CBO from the MaintStar (work order time and material, fuel usage, utility meter readings- water, electric, gas) and annual work order hourly reports to CBO
- Maintain plans, blueprints and equipment records in paper and electronic formats
- Prepare budget and statistical analyses for use by the Director and Associate Director
- Keep capital project request forms and submit for approval
- Maintain fire prevention records.
- Keep the vehicle maintenance time and material sheets, gas reporting and vehicle records, schedule appointments, process vehicle maintenance invoices
- Close work orders, after entering comments, time and parts, and reviewing the systems and account entered
- Take work orders as needed
- Serve as a back-up for payroll and accounts payable functions
- Maintain the petty cash fund and serve as cashier for the fund
- Perform other related functions within the scope of responsibility of the position as determined by the Director of Facilities Management.
- Dexterity in the use of computers and applications: specifically programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all forms of communication tools such as telephone, fax and e-mail
- Some knowledge of project management, scheduling and building systems
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Experience in training and training systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Associate degree or higher, with specialized training in computer operation and applications or equivalent experience is assumed necessary and strongly desired. Experiential equivalence will be considered.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an office setting is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A valid driver’s license is required.
The Sisters of Providence (Sisters) are committed to the fair and equal employment of individuals with disabilities. It is the Sister’s policy to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the congregation. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities when such accommodations are necessary to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs or to enjoy the equal benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all applicants for employment and all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The employee must have hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to effectively and accurately operate standard business machines such as a computer keyboard, copy machine, fax, and other office equipment.
- Normal hearing ability and normal eyesight with correction are required.
- Reaching, stooping, walking and bending are required.
- Light lifting or moving not exceeding 25 pounds
- The work environment is generally in a climate-controlled office setting
- Some work may involve exposure to industrial environment in powerhouse, machine rooms, water plant, etc.
- Some chemical exposure may occur, such as toners for copy machines.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Copy machine
- Abel machine
- Other normal office machines
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle, and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.