Housekeeping Environmental Aide – PSCC
Sisters of Providence
This position is responsible for the cleanliness of Providence Spirituality and Conference Center, Shrine of St. Mother Theodore Guerin and Woodhaven House, and other areas as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Clean, deodorize and disinfect restrooms
- Monitor restroom cleanliness
- Restock restroom supplies
- Vacuum public area carpets, office carpets and upholstery
- Shampoo all carpets and upholstery as needed
- Clean, sweep and mop all tiled floors as needed
- Dust/polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean water fountains
- Empty trash
- Maintain exterior PSCC entrances
- Maintain inventory of janitorial supplies
- Clean lodge as needed
- Assist with room set-up for events
- Transport literature, supplies, and decorations to storage room
- Maintain cleaning equipment
- Report unsafe conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must know how to use cleaning devices, correct solutions and materials.
- Must be able to follow schedules and facility procedures.
- Able to give and receive written and oral instructions and directions in English.
- Possess basic and accurate mathematical skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding resident conditions and personal matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to read and write and follow oral and written instructions.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience in an institutional setting helpful.
The Sisters of Providence (Sisters) are committed to the fair and equal employment of individuals with disabilities. It is the Sister’s policy to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the congregation. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities when such accommodations are necessary to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs or to enjoy the equal benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all applicants for employment and all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Will need to continuously stand, walks, reach, bend to floor, twist, sit.
- Must be able to lift, move or reposition facility furniture, and resident room furniture, including beds, chairs, and housekeeping cart.
- Circular arm and shoulder movements to clean mirrors and wash windows.
- Requires varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting depending on weight of solutions, containers, and supplies, sometimes up to 25 pounds unassisted or furniture up to 100 pounds with human assistance or mechanical device.
- Must have hand/ eye coordination sufficient to measure, pour and mix chemicals in solution for cleaning, stocking housekeeping cart and moving and replacing items when damp dusting horizontal surfaces.
- Must be able to identify resident placement and objects in rooms and hallways.
- Must be able to focus and read.
- Must be able to hear normal sounds and voice patterns with constant background noise.
- Must be able to receive and follow · verbal instructions.
- Must be able to respond to audible emergency signals, alarms, and telephones.
- Must be able to smell smoke and offensive environment odors.
- Must be able to identify resident placement and objects in rooms and hallways. Must be able to
focus and read chemical labels and mixing directions.
- Ability to identify colors for warning lights, signs and labels.
- Must be able to read regular/small size print
- Must be able to remember multiple assignments and status of completion over an extended period.
- Must be able to remember specific requests and relate them as necessary.
- Must be able to concentrate on details during frequent interruptions.
Work is typically performed in a climate-controlled setting. There is a frequent exposure to dust, and other hazardous materials such as chemicals identified in the MSDS manual. There is seldom exposure to sudden fluctuations in temperature. There is continuous exposure to latex or vinyl, plastic and materials used for personal protective equipment.
In the event of an emergency, employee must be physically able to assist in resident evacuations.
In support of the Land Ethic, all persons employed with the Sisters of Providence will reduce, reuse, recycle, and conserve energy.
To apply for this position
You may apply via online application or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If mailing your application, send to Sisters of Providence, Attn: HR Department, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876. You may be asked to complete additional application materials if you are called for an interview. All persons hired for positions with the Sisters of Providence are asked to complete an application.