- This event has passed.
NOTE: Due to the new restricted guidelines offered from the CDC, Springtime Scripture is canceled.
Are you looking for a Lenten practice? Well, maybe not eagerly looking but this practice might help make Lent more meaningful this year!
Join together to unpack the richness and beauty of the Scripture passages used during Lent. We will meet every Thursday evening from February 27 through April 2. Every Thursday evening during Lent a facilitator/presenter will “unpack” the Scripture readings for the upcoming Sunday.
Come for one session or make it a great Lent/Spring by coming to all sessions as your Lenten practice. The Scriptures will come alive in new ways!
All the sessions will be held at The Foley Room in Providence Spirituality & Conference Center except on March 5 when it will be in Providence Hall Large Conference room.
- Feb. 27: Rev. Drew Downs, Rector at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
- March 5: Sister Maureen Abbott, SP, Community historian in Archives, author, scripture teacher
- March 12: Rev. Linda Snider, United Methodist Minister
- March 19: Sister Jan Craven, SP, Co-director at Providence Spirituality & Conference Center, former theology teacher
- March 26: Sister Marsha Speth, SP, Formation director, spiritual director
- April 2: Sister Paula Damiano, SP, Co-director at Providence Spirituality & Conference Center, former theology teacher