Seek your answers through prayer: fall Come and See retreat
October 11 at 7:00 pm - October 13 at 2:00 pm EDT
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
Where is God calling you? Are you a single, Catholic woman between the ages of 18 and 42? If so, we invite you to come away to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods for a Come and See weekend retreat. Explore what it is like to live out a vocation as a Catholic religious sister.
Is God calling you to be a Catholic sister?
Get to know the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, and see if life as a Catholic religious sister might be for you. Spend time in prayer and with the sisters, listen to God and discern your future vocation. Explore the daily life and mission of Catholic women religious in our world today.
Did you know young women are still becoming sisters today? Meet our newest Sisters of Providence and ask them any questions you have about their journeys to becoming Catholic sisters today. Meet other women like yourself who are considering if a life dedicated to love for God and love for people in need is for them.
On this weekend retreat you will learn about and experience different forms of prayer. Hear how the Sisters of Providence prayer style has evolved over time. Spend time in community prayer with the sisters. And spend some time alone in prayer listening to where God is calling you.
“Pray, pray very much so the good God will show you what [God] wishes you to do.”
— Saint Mother Theodore Guerin
On this retreat you can also:
- Get an inside look at life as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Discern what your joys, your passions and your talents tell you about who God made you to be
- Immerse yourself in natural and spiritual beauty at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Profit from the wisdom and guidance of the Sisters of Providence
- Meet the newest Sisters of Providence and ask them any questions you have about becoming a Sister of Providence
- Find resources for exploring your own unique call
- Meet other women searching for something more in their lives
- Get to know our foundress, Saint Mother Theodore Guerin
- Learn what it means to live out a religious vocation as a Sister of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
The Sisters of Providence are a community of Catholic women religious who collaborate with others to create a more just and hope-filled world through prayer, education, service and advocacy. Come make a difference in our world with us.
Contact Sister Editha Ben at 812-230-4771 or email@example.com to learn more or sign up using the form below.
Help us get the word out! Download a printable flyer about the Come and See retreat here.