Fall Farm Day at the Woods
September 29 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
No cost, donations accepted
Join us for a fun family day filled with alpacas, hayrides, children’s activities, fiber demos (felting, spinning, weaving and knitting), farm and 4H demonstrations, videos and more.
- Learn about the history of farming at the Woods from 1840 to today, which has included dairy cows, a bakery and cannery, chickens, gardens and alpacas. Learn also why it’s important for all of us to care for creation. A video of sisters sharing stories about the Farm back in the 1940s, and photos from the earlier days will be displayed.
- Tour our ground and visit these places and hear about the old dairy, horse ban, the chickens, the garden, the Farm Store, the Shell Chapel, the cemetery with an antique hearse.
- Enjoy meeting with our alpacas, especially the newest cria (baby alpaca) Providence Ruth!
- Children’s activities are available at both White Violet Center and Providence Spirituality & Conference Center.
- Delicious Fall treats (popcorn, cider and apples) are available!
Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
Brunch in O’Shaughnessy Dining Room will be a perfect way to start this fun-filled day at the Woods!