Fall Farm Day at the Woods
September 29 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
No cost, donations accepted
Bring the family and join us for a fun family day filled with alpacas visits, children’s activities, hayrides, fiber and 4-H demonstrations, facts about the farm, fall treats and more.
- Learn about the history of farming at the Woods from 1840 to today, which has included dairy cows, a bakery and cannery, chickens, gardens and alpacas. Learn also why it’s important for all of us to care for creation. A video of sisters sharing stories about the Farm back in the 1940s, and photos from the earlier days will be displayed.
- Enjoy a hayride, tour our ground and visit these places and hear about the old dairy, horse barn, the chicken coop, the garden, the Farm Store, Providence Park, the Shell Chapel, the cemetery with an antique hearse.
- Enjoy meeting with our alpacas, especially the newest crias (baby alpacas) and take a photo at the alpaca photo booth.
- Watch fiber demonstrations and 4-H Alpaca Club demonstrations at White Violet Center for Eco-Justice.
- Children’s activities will take place throughout the day in the Foley Room at Providence Spirituality & Conference Center and will include coloring, painted tattoos and more. A rock painting activity will also take place at the White Violet Center in conjunction with Terre Haute Rocks!
- The sisters’ Climate Change Task Force will be on hand, offering a reduce, reuse and recycle puzzle.
- Delicious Fall treats will be provided for free by Providence Health Care!
Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
Brunch in O’Shaughnessy Dining Room will be a perfect way to start this fun-filled day at the Woods!