We are now accepting shareholders (members/subscribers) for the FALL 2014 CSA growing season! Full shares only.
Anticipated crops include carrots, beets, green onions, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, kale, chard, spinach, arugula, lettuce mix, head lettuce, pea shoots, winter squash and anything else that will grow for us!
Call Candace Minster at 812-535-2933 today! She’ll have a few questions for you to get us all started off on the right foot together.
Choose from these pick-up locations
Shareholders pick up their share of produce every Wednesday beginning Oct. 22 2014 at:
- White Violet Center at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods: 3:30-5:30 p.m. (EDT)
- Central Location at 113 S. 19th St. in Terre Haute: 4:30-6:30 p.m. (EDT), or
- Regional Hospital on South 7th St. in Terre Haute: 4-5:30 p.m. (EDT)
Reasons to support our Community Supported Agriculture program:
- Locally-grown foods are fresher and taste better
- Organic growing methods used in our garden are in the spirit of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin, foundress of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- Establish a vital link between your food, the people who grew it and the land that nourished it
All shareholders are asked to commit to this statement:
I understand that by becoming a shareholder of the Community Supported Agriculture initiative, I will share both the rewards and the risks of the growing season along with the other shareholders and the growers. I recognize that there is no guarantee of the exact amount I will receive each week. I agree to comply with all safety measures posted in the distribution area while on the property.
Only full shares are available in the fall. Cost is $200 (equivalent to $25 a week).
Those interested in becoming shareholders must first contact Candace Minster, garden manager, at 812-535-2933 or email@example.com. Candace will get a contract and guidelines to you and get your choice of pick-up location recorded.
Make checks payable to White Violet Center for Eco-Justice and mail to:
White Violet Center for Eco-Justice
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
For more information and payment options, contact Candace Minster, garden manager and fiber projects coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-535-2933.