The innovative spirit of the Sisters of Providence is backed by thousands of individual donors. While we believe there are many ways to participate in the life and mission of the Sisters of Providence, charitable giving provides the financial means for us to extend our mission into the future.
Traditional ways to give
Several charitable giving opportunities are available to support the life and mission of the Sisters of Providence.
- Annual giving – gifts in response to publications, the Phonathon or sent directly to the Mission Advancement office.
- Honor/Memorial gifts – Any gift can be made in honor of/in memory of an individual, group or organization by noting such when the gift is made.
- Remembrance Cards – individuals can remember loved ones on special occasions while contributing to the Sisters of Providence.
- IRAs – In October 2008, then President Bush signed into law the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (H.R. 1424), which includes an extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. The extension is retro-active, applying to distributions made throughout both the 2008 and 2009 tax years. The extension will allow individuals 70-1/2 and older to donate up to $100,000 from their IRAs to charities tax-free. It does not expand the IRA Charitable Rollover to allow tax-free donations to split-interest gifts.
- Planned giving – gifts via wills, annuities, trusts, life insurance and real estate.
Gifts can be made online, with a check, in cash, by credit card, or with a stock transfer or certificate.
- For more information on making a stock gift to the Sisters of Providence, contact Connie Gualano, Planned Giving Manager/Grant Writer, 812-535-2811 or email email@example.com.
- Use our secure online donation form or send your gift directly to the:
1 Sisters of Providence
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876
Legal Name: Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana
Alternative ways to give
When feasible, the Sisters of Providence participate in charity giving programs that allow people to give in a variety of ways. We are currently expanding these programs. They include:
- AmazonSmile — If you are a regular Amazon shopper, you can link your account to the Sisters of Providence and AmazonSmile will donate .5% of your purchases to us. The program comes at no cost to you and you pay the same prices for your goods as usual. Set up your contribution once and every time you shop (with no further effort), the percentage is donated to us. Just visit this link to get started.
- Amazon Affiliate link — If you do not wish to set up the Sisters of Providence as a charity recipient through AmazonSmile, you can make the SPs a recipient of donations from occasional online shopping expeditions by using our Affiliate link. Just click on this link and shop as normal. Between 4% to 6.5% (depending on the product) of your purchases will be donated for the single transaction. You’ll need to revisit this link any time you want us to receive the benefit of your shopping. You can return to this page to get the link or bookmark it in your browser. And if you know how to build affiliate links, you are free to use the SP code in your links if you’d like us to benefit from your link-sharing.
The Sisters of Providence remember all benefactors, constituents, alumnae/i and companions in daily prayer.