Secure your piece of “holy ground” at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
The acreage at the Sisters of Providence motherhouse at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, has been described as “holy ground.” Daily, individuals come to enjoy the peace, serenity and beauty of this place. They walk the outdoor labyrinth, visit the historic sites and the National Shrines of Our Lady of Providence and Saint Mother Theodore Guerin, meditate at the reflection garden at White Violet Center for Eco-Justice, enjoy the peace that watching the herd of alpacas generates, and much more.
Two places particularly meaningful to visitors, students, staff members and residents are the fountain at the end of The Avenue and the Our Lady of Campus statue near the Church of the Immaculate Conception.
We now can share with you a bit of “holy ground” through the newly created Providence Pavers program.
With a tax-deductible gift, you will receive a brick paver that can be engraved with your name, the name of a loved one or a special message. These pavers will be used to landscape around the Our Lady of Campus statue and the fountain at the end of the Avenue.
- A gift of $150 will provide a 4” x 8” brick paver
- a gift of $250 will provide an 8” x 8” brick paver
- a gift of $500 will provide a 16” x 16” limestone paver located at the Our Lady of Campus statue. Only a few of these remain!
A Providence Paver may be engraved as a way to memorialize or honor a loved one, remember a favorite Sister of Providence or celebrate a special occasion.
A Providence Paver makes a nice “gift” for that hard-to-buy-for person. Individuals memorialized or honored on a paver will be enrolled in the Blessed Sacrament Association. This enrollment means being prayed for daily in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
- Order by Jan. 1 for late April installation
- Order by July 1 for late September installation
Inscriptions on the 4”x 8” and 8” x 8” pavers can have up to 18 characters per line, including punctuation and spaces. The 4” x 8” paver has space for two lines, while the 8”x 8” paver has space for four lines.
Seven lines of text with 16 characters per line (including spaces and punctuation) are available on the 16” x 16” limestone paver.
Placing your order
There are three ways to place your paver order.
- Use our online order form to submit your Providence Paver order. The form now has a line limiter, which will help you with the exact spacing for the lines of your paver.
- Download and print our brochure with an order form you can mail or fax.
- Call Rosie Blankenship at 812-535-2817 and place your order by phone.