The Saint Mother Theodore Guerin Foundation was established in 1992 to honor family, friends and alumnae of the Sisters of Providence who have made a planned gift to the Sisters of Providence. By doing so, these constituents are helping to ensure that the legacy of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin and the ministries of the Sisters of Providence can continue into the future.
Located in the entryway of Owens Hall, a residence building at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, this recognition plaque is viewed daily by visitors, sisters and staff members and serves as an ever-present reminder of the faithfulness and commitment of our Sister of Providence companions and constituents.
Donors of planned gifts are those who:
- Name the Sisters of Providence in their will;
- Purchase a charitable gift annuity with the Sisters of Providence;
- Name the Sisters of Providence as a beneficiary of a trust;
- Name the Sisters of Providence as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy;
- Name the Sisters of Providence as a beneficiary to an IRA or other qualified plan;
- Make some other type of planned gift to the Sisters of Providence.
These donors have the opportunity to designate the wording they wish inscribed on the Saint Mother Theodore Guerin plaque, often using the opportunity to honor or memorialize a loved one or special Sister of Providence. In addition, they will receive a crystal bell engraved with a quote of Saint Mother Theodore as well as their name. All Saint Mother Theodore Guerin Foundation donors receive a special invitation to the Saint Mother Theodore Guerin dinner, usually held the first Saturday of June.