What is the first step?
When a woman is accepted into the Sisters of Providence, she enters a 10- to 24-month postulancy period. This period is an ongoing, integrative process to help the woman learn about the Congregation, come to know the mission and charism, and understand and experience the lifestyle of the Sisters of Providence.
The components of the postulancy program are:
• prayer, spiritual direction, theological reflections and an annual retreat
• community living in the formation house
• volunteer ministry experiences with many Sisters of Providence
• intercongregational programs
• weekly conferences with the director of postulants
• book discussions
• instructional sessions
For more information, email Sister Editha Ben, vocation director, firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 1-800-860-1840, ext. 2895; or write the Sisters of Providence Vocation Office, 1 Sisters of Providence, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN 47876-1089.