Sisters in Ministry
What is discernment?
Discernment is a period of contemplating life as a Catholic woman religious – through thoughts, questions and prayers.
The Sisters of Providence offer a number of resources to help you as you discern. During this time of personal reflection, you have the opportunity to get to know us, and we can get to know you. Together, through the process of mutual discernment, you will discover more about your spiritual gifts and whether you should take the next step to pursue life as a Sister of Providence.
The discernment process with the Sisters of Providence is a casual process that includes:
- monthly mailings on topics of interest
- Congregation publications and other materials helpful in the discernment process
- invitations to meet with SPs in your geographic area and to attend Congregation gatherings
- invitations to discernment weekends during which you will meet Sisters of Providence and other women who are considering religious life
- regular communication and meetings with the vocation director
- regular contact with a Sister of Providence
If after a period of discernment, you know that you are being called to be a Sister of Providence, the vocation director will guide you through the formal application process.
For more information contact:
Sister Editha Ben, director of vocation at 1-800-860-1840, ext. 2895 or email@example.com.