The former St. Joseph Academy was purchased in 1934 from the Dominican Sisters whose motherhouse was in Cuba. It was primarily a college prep high school for girls of Orange County and a boarding school for girls of other localities. A limited number were accepted for grade school; this discontinued in 1949. Expansion of enrollment led to a new location at Nohl Ranch in Orange County and was dedicated on Dec. 5, 1964. The school also attracted international students from nine countries. Marywood was closed in 1980.
Marywood Alumnae Reunion
The Marywood Alumnae Association is planning an all-school reunion for Sept. 28, 2013 at the Sheraton on Harbour Boulevard. See the Marywood reunion page for more information.
Keep in touch!
The Alumnae Association has an active group on Facebook. It’s a monitored group, so you must submit a request to join. Get started here!
For more information about the Marywood Alumnae Association, contact:
Joan Heinz Pettite ’59
415 S. Split Rail Lane
Anaheim, CA 92807-3421
- Marywood California alumnae newsletter 2013
- Marywood California alumnae newsletter 2011
- Marywood California alumnae newsletter 2010