Where/when were you born?
Where do you live now?
North side of Chicago, in the Lakeview neighborhood
Schools attended and degrees received:
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, 2008; with a degree in Political Science.
- Attended many workshops and seminars through the years.
When did you enter the Sisters of Providence?
In 1990 — I was in my early forties.
Jobs and titles you’ve held, dates in those positions:
- Marian College, Indianapolis: Systems Consultant – organized long range systems plan for the college. 1990-1991
- Canonical Novice – worked with our older Sisters in the Activity Department. 1991-1992
- Vocation Director, Congregation of the Passion 1992-1996
- Providence Administrative Services: Consultant (self-employed ministry.) 1997-2005
- (Volunteer for PFS; did fund-raising, grant writing, facilitation for Advisory Board. 2002-2008.)
- Student 2006-2008 SMWC; in the Woods External Degree program.
- Guerin Outreach Ministries, Inc. Development Director, 2008-present.
Crochet and Needlepoint
“For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you.” Jeremiah 29:11-14.
Finish the sentence: “I choose to be a part of Guerin Outreach Ministries because …
I believe this ministry chose me. For several years, I had volunteered at Providence Family Services doing grant writing, finding fund-raising opportunities and general facilitation of the Advisory Board. When I graduated from SMWC in 2008, I had no sense of a new ministry. One day, it occurred to me that perhaps my enthusiasm for the work was, indeed Providence calling me to serve PFS doing full-time development work. It was at that same time that PFS became part of GOM and unexpectedly I was asked to become Development Director for all the GOM ministries. It was wonderful that persons involved with the GOM start-up had faith in my ability to do this work. When I was searching for a new ministry, my three criteria were that it used my skills, was energizing and life-giving. I have found that ministry with Guerin Outreach Ministries.