“Being transparent with relevant information is how nonprofits demonstrate … accountability.” GuideStar
“Posting information on the Internet is the necessary step for making that information accessible to the public.” GuideStar
GuideStar is a not-for-profit agency that strives to “revolutionize philanthropy and nonprofit practice by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving.”
We at Guerin Outreach Ministries embrace GuideStar’s mission to bring greater transparency and thus accountability to the not-for-profit world. Therefore, in these pages of our web site, you will see us following through on GuideStar’s five recommendations for greater nonprofit transparency including:
- Regular web site updates on program details and information
- Posting board members and key staff members names, titles and biographical information
- Posting our annual report
- Posting audited financial statements
- Posting our IRS letter of determination as a nonprofit.
At Guerin Outreach Ministries we strive to be good stewards of the money entrusted to us to help those in need. Please click on the links below to learn more about our status and financial picture.