Where/when were you born?
I was born in Chicago, and I’m always 39.
Where do you live now?
River Grove, IL
Schools attended and degrees received:
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, BS in education
- Northeastern Illinois University, MA Special Ed
Other certifications: elementary ed., learning disabilities, K-12 administration
“I still study my Spanish — those verbs in the subjunctive — I feel our people deserve the BEST!”
When did you enter the Sisters of Providence?
Jobs and titles you’ve held, dates in those positions:
- Advocate for immigrants/victims/prisoners, Taller de San Jose and Kolbe House, Chicago, 2009-present
- Substitute teacher, Chicago Public Schools, 2007-2009
- Principal, St. Agnes of Bohemia, Chicago 2005-2007
- Principal, St. Mark School, Chicago, 1991-2004
- Principal, St. Roman School, Chicago, 1986-1991
- Asst. Principal/jr high math teacher, St. Sylvester, Chicago, 1983-1986
- Teacher, St. Sylvester Chicago, 1976-1983
- Teacher, Peru, South America, 1970-1976
- Teacher, Annunziata, St. Louis, MO, 1965-1969
- Teacher, St. Clement, Lansdowne, MD, 1961-1965
“I’ve worked in a reform school in Peru, Covenant House in New York, with orphans in Bolivia and now with the great people of Little Village. Am I blessed or what??”
Other board positions/memberships/awards:
- Principal of the year for the NCEA-a 7 state area, 1995
- Included in a book published by UCLA on making a school work in the inner city
Cooking fun and new recipes. It’s good therapy.
“Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.” I try to live peace each day: in my heart and with all I meet!”
Someday I hope…
“to win the Lottery, to have baskets of money and be able to share $100 bills with all the great people behind the scenes — bus boy, clerks, delivery people, etc. etc.”